There is always a little mold everywhere – in the air and on many surfaces. And to many people, the presence of mold may not be a huge health issue or require one to move out.
However, the hazards presented by molds that contain mycotoxins should be considered the same as other common molds which can grow in your house and other buildings. There are a few reported cases that toxic molds (those containing certain mycotoxins) can cause unique or rare health conditions, such as pulmonary hemorrhage or memory loss. These cases are rare, and a causal link between the presence of the toxic mold and these conditions has not been proven.
A commonsense approach should be used for mold contamination. The most common symptom is a hay fever-like allergic reaction. Certain individuals with chronic respiratory disease (chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, asthma, etc.) may experience difficulty breathing. Individuals with immune suppression may be at increased risk for infection from molds. If you or your family members have these conditions, a qualified medical clinician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment. For the most part, one should take routine measures to prevent mold growth in homes and other buildings.
There are several resources like the CDC (http://www.cdc.gov/health/mold.html) where you can obtain information on the impact mold may cause to you and your family. If you are experiencing symptoms that may be caused by mold, we recommend utilizing a certified hygienist to help resolve the issue.
We have invested in HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter systems to assist in mold containment throughout the repair process. These filters are designed to remove 99.97% of all airborne pollutants that are 0.3 microns or larger as the air passes through the filter. This also includes tobacco smoke, household dust and pollen.
Contact Sunset Construction Group for guidance on which mold vendor is right for you.